Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

2008 was great and we are ready for an even better 2009!

To celebrate we went to dinner at the Salt Cellar. This is a really cool place that really is a cellar. All there is above ground is a parking lot and the door to get it. Once you go in, you go straight downstairs to the dining room. I know it's strange to have a seafood restaurant in the desert but they ship in their food daily. Pretty cool huh?! For starters we enjoyed raw oysters, escargot in mushroom tops. Spencer ordered steak and lobster and I had scallops with king crab and baby shrimp cream sauce. For dessert we had a white chocolate mouse layer cake.... everything was SO YUMMY! After dinner we played games with friends and then headed home to watch the ball drop.

Last year we went on a hike so we decided to make it our New Year's Day tradition. First we stopped by my sister's new house to help move them in and clean. They've been waiting for a few months now for this house and we are so happy they have their own place for their family. Then we headed up to Carefree to have some lunch at Big Earl's greasy eats (the new year's diet starts tomorrow LOL) then out to our trail hike. It was a beautiful day, 70 degrees and just awesome to be outside! We love this trail, so many saguaros and it's very quiet and peaceful.

We are so thankful to have each other!
We wish you all a very happy new year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the last picture of you and SS babe! You both look SO cute! I miss you!!! xoxoxo, Colie

Innovative Defense said...

I was searching through blogs, and came across yours. Congratulations on your wedding.

I just got married myself EXACTLY 2 months after your wedding it looks like (12/16/08)!

My wife and I are younger, and still in college...but we found it best for us to get married sooner than later. So far, it has been a great road for us.

Just wanted to stop by and say hello!

Grace,
Jeremy