Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011

It's a new day! A chance to start over and try to be better than you were the day before. A day when you make goals and look forward to the year ahead. I've been thinking a long time about what I want 2011 to be like. I had so many things I wanted to do that I had to categorize them: Personal, Physical, Spiritual and Financial. Each area has things I want to learn and areas I know I can grow in. I'm posting these to make myself accountable and also so that you can help encourage and support me over the next 12 months.
Personal:
-be kinder to my husband *I'm not a meanie I just want to be nicer and more patient
-do not gossip
-read 2 new books *for all who know me I'm not a reader so 2 is a good place to start, who knows I might end up reading 10!
-learn to sew *for now on a borrowed machine, I hope to have one this year!
-learn to make by Ellie fresh baby food
-plant a garden
Physical:
-do P90X for 90 days
-workout at least 3 days a week
-lose 10 pounds *just to be back to pre-baby weight
-do Susan's Run 10k Feb. 19th
-do Pat's Run 4.2 miles April 17th
-do Desert Grande Triathlon and beat my previous time
-eat less fast food
Spiritual:
-attend the temple at least once a month
-read the Ensign every month
-do visiting teaching every month
Financial:
-only spend what's in the budget
-save at least 10% a month
-learn to use coupons
That's a long list but pretty good stuff to work on and I'm excited to get started!
We took Ellie to the park to feed the ducks on New Year's Day. She liked playing with the bread and sucking on mom's fingers. It was a fun family day!

0 comments: