Monday, July 14, 2008

Soon-To-Be Mr. & Mrs. Smith

July 12, 2007

For Valentine's Day I gave Spencer a box of "50 First Dates." These cards would be an easy way for him to come up with an activity or date... just pull out a card and you're all set. This seemed pretty cool to me but it took Spencer 5 months to actually use it!! This is how our dinner date started on Saturday night. The card the Spencer picked was sushi at Malee's. He knew I really liked their food so off we went. We tried some new rolls and loved everything! After dinner we went to an old Phoenix ice cream shop called Mary Coyle’s. We shared a yummy banana split. After dessert we started driving home.. or so I thought. Spencer told me that he added something to the date card but wouldn't tell me what! As soon as we were on the 202 I knew we were going to the Temple. His reason was that it was a nice night for a walk ;) too cute! We walked around the temple grounds and found a bench that wasn't surrounded by people. As soon as we sat down he took the date card out of his pocket and said "Do you want to see what else is on the card?" Heck ya I did. He gave me the card and it read "then get engaged at the temple." The first thing I said was "Are you serious?" I was SO excited! Spencer got down on one knee and asked me if I would make him the happiest man for all eternity and be his wife. I said YES!! He asked if it was worth the wait... it sure was!!!
Thank you Spencer for making my dreams come true!
LOVE YOU FOREVER!



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you both!
Love,
Colie

THE BANGARTS said...

I'm sorry but it must be said....FINALLY!!!!! I could not be happier for you!! I love you so much and am so excited that you found the man of your dreams!!! CONGRATULATIONS!! Spencer--you got yourself one awesome bride-to-be!!!

Natalie Service said...

YIPPY! I'll start losing weight right now so I can fit into my bridesmaid dress. Oh, what? I'm not one of your bridesmaids? Well, congratulations anyway!

I am so excited for you both! You're going to make a great team. Let the party begin!

The Robinson Family said...

Whoopieeee!!!!!! I am so happy for you!!!! My Dad always says, life doesn't start till you meet your mate>
So, off you go!

Whitney said...

Congratulations! WHEN!?

Kimmie said...

Hey, it's Kimmie. I hope you don't mind, but I stumbled onto your blog from Lindsey's. I just wanted to say Congratulations! I'm REALLY happy for you! Marriage is the best! Now bring on the babies! They're so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Great job on the ring Spencer! Sure looks good on your finger Corissa! Congrats to you both!

N Godown said...

Congrats! We are excited for you! Let us know when the BIG date is. We should do a double date sometime. Call us.

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!! You deserve the best Corissa. I am sooo happy for you and love your blog too.

Love, Jennifer

Papa Kane said...

I guess not that you're official you have no time to blog. We miss seeing what you're up to.

Scott & Nat