Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Our Beloved Elder Wirthlin

“Some of the happiest people I know have none of the things the world insists are necessary for satisfaction and joy,” said Elder Wirthlin. “My life has been filled with adventure, spiritual experiences and joy that surpasses understanding.”
June 11, 1917 - December 1, 2008
I loved hearing his fabulous stories from his football days. Elder Wirthlin is a great man with an even greater heart. I will miss him but I know that he is at peace with his dear wife once again.

Their wedding day - May 26, 1941
“I wish I could engrave on every heart what I so keenly know and feel,” Elder Wirthlin said. “I bear unwavering testimony that our Heavenly Father and His divine Son, Jesus Christ, rule and reign, and that we must all understand that the gospel is everlasting. It is forever and applicable to all, and each of us is to be held accountable.”

0 comments: